Teen Volunteer Programs
There are two volunteer programs for teens to participate in at Liberty Wildlife. The first, our teen guide program, is for teens ages 13-17 who are interested in education and developing public speaking skills. The second, our animal husbandry technician, is for teens ages 16-18 who are interested in working on the hospital side of our facility. You must be 18+ to work with raptors at our facility. Please see the description for both positions below and be sure to note which position you prefer in your application. There is currently a wait-list for both positions.
Animal Husbandry Technician (Ages 16-18)
– Clean cages & bins
– Wash, dry, fold and put away laundry
– Sweep & mop the hallways, Triage, and ICU
– Sweep the outside hallway between the modular and the hospital
– Break down & recycle cardboard boxes
– Empty the trash & recycling bins
– Assist with various hospital projects
– Assist with grounds maintenance
– Cleaning and upkeep of the medical wing at Liberty Wildlife.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Strong organizational skills
– Clear communications skills
– Ability to clean thoroughly (including prior knowledge of how to sweep, mop,
and do laundry)
-Ability to follow directions and protocols
Teen Guide (Ages 13-17)
– Set up and break down ‘booths’ before and after open hours
– Present educational information at ‘booths’ during our open hours
– Present educational information in the Interactive Lab.
– Present educational information to the public during open hours
– Develop your public speaking skills
– Respect the animals, other volunteers, supervisors, and visitors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
– Ability to interact with the public
– Must have an eagerness to learn