Interpretive Guides are the face of Liberty Wildlife during our open hours. This position is perfect for volunteers interested in natural history education or those with customer service experience. Training is provided.
Shifts begin 30 minutes before our open hours and conclude 30 minutes after our open hours. Times vary seasonally. You must be available for one four-hour shift once a week for a minimum of 6 months.
– Greet the public as they attend Open Hours
– Disinfect public areas, such as the lobby and interactive room, according to CDC COVID
– Take fees for admission, donations and handle gift shop sales
– Talk with visitors about the Interactive Room, Non-Eagle Feather Repository,
Education Trail and the basic facts/stories about Liberty Wildlife to help them
gain an understanding of what we do and why.
– Can occasionally sign up to lead private tours, help with field trips and special
– Communicate with visitors, staff, and volunteers
– Provide information about Liberty Wildlife and our mission
– Create a welcoming atmosphere for guests
– Able to follow directions and protocols set by Liberty Wildlife
– Being a team player
– Willingness to adapt to change
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
– Any knowledge about Liberty Wildlife is helpful, but you will learn on the job
– Any wildlife knowledge is helpful
– The ability to work in a team setting
– Ability to work with minimal supervision
– The ability to communicate clearly with a team and with guests/visitors
– Consistency and dedication to your schedule and team