Field Trips at Liberty Wildlife
All requests for programs should be made at least six (6) weeks in advance of the requested date.
Field trips include a walk along our Education Trail to see our non-releasable birds of prey, hands-on activities, encounters with reptiles and live bird presentations.
Home School Field Trip Details
- For homeschool groups that will be approximately 20 students or less, we welcome the group to come on Wednesdays for a 2 hours visit (either 9:30-11:30am or 10am-12pm)
- we are open to the public until 1pm so families are invited to stay after the field trip portion has concluded
- larger groups can request to come on a Tuesday or Thursday (also either 9:30-11:30am or 10am-12pm)
- Our field trips are most appropriate for children ages 6+. Younger siblings can attend, but the majority of the group should be this age or older to ensure they are able to sit for presentations during the field trip
- If your groups is mostly under 6 years old, we suggest visiting during open hours and viewing our facility on your own guided tour while talking with our volunteers who are out with animals.
- Field trips include time for a snack (brought by the students)
- Wednesday from October through April
- Price scale for homeschool families is:
- 1 adult with 1 child $7
- 1 adult with 2 children $10
- 1 adult with 3 children $13
- 1 adult with 4 children $16
- 1 adult with 5 children $19
- each additional adult $3
(Children 4 and under are free)
- We are located at 2600 E. Elwood St, Phoenix AZ 85040
- Our major cross streets are 24th St and Broadway (just south of Sky Harbor Airport and the Rio Salado)
- We do not have a location for lunch on site, but can recommend parks nearby
- Please advise the Liberty Wildlife team if you have any students with particular cultural sensitivities (snakes, owls ….)
BOOK AHEAD to reserve your spot!
Email email@example.com for pricing, dates and more info